New year, new family?
It’s that time of the year again when our thoughts start to turn from turkey and tinsel to the New Year, and what we might want to do differently in 2014. We all like to make resolutions, (even though they don’t always stick!) and if you are anything like me, you will have a list of things-to-get-round-to-doing-in-2014.
One of these might be to think about adopting or fostering a child. It’s such a big commitment, and can seem daunting, complicated and stressful; it’s no wonder that people think about it, but never quite get round to going any further. It’s hard to make a decision about something that will impact on your whole life without knowing much about it, so if you are thinking that adoption or fostering might be for you, why not come along to one of our information evenings? There is no obligation to do anything after you come, and you will get to meet some of our friendly staff, ask questions and hear from current adoptive parents or foster carers about their experiences.
To find out about fostering come along to the following events:
- Wednesday 29th January 2014 (4.30pm – 7.30pm), Boston Spa Methodist Church, 203 High, Street, LS23 6AA
- Wednesday 26th February (7pm – 9pm), Waitrose Supermarket cafe area, Meanwood, LS6 4RJ. This information evening is aimed at those wishing to foster older children or teenagers
- Wednesday 19th March (4.30pm – 7.30pm), Pudsey Library, Church Lane, Pudsey, LS28 7TY
- Thursday 22nd May (4.30pm – 7.30pm), Rothwell Town Hall, Blackburn Hall, Commercial St, Rothwell, LS26 0AW
Our next adoption information evenings are:
- Tuesday 14th January 2014 (6.30 for 7pm start, until 8.30pm) – South Leeds Learning Centre (next to Cockburn High School), LS11 5TT
- Tuesday 11th February, venues TBC, look at website for updates
- Tuesday 4th March
- Tuesday 18th March
- Tuesday 8th April
You can find updates on our website www.foster4leeds.co.uk, including phone numbers to call if you have any questions before coming along. There is no need to book – just turn up, and hope to see you soon. Happy New Year!
Photo posed by models